Umpires' Seminar, 30 April, 2018.
The 2018 update to RowSafe has been released.
Secific updates include:
- Coxes and steers shall keep a good lookout at all times when afloat. Coxes who cannot see directly ahead should enlist the help of members of their crew.
- The forward port and starboard rigger on all boats, other than single sculls, should be protected by a backstay
- Launch drivers must be at least 18 years old unless accompanied by a responsible adult
- Event organisers are expected to look after the welfare of umpires and other officials
- Ensure that all beginner juniors use sculls with appropriate spoon size, blade length and handle size
- In head races, during cold weather, endeavour to ensure that waiting areas prior to the start are beyond, rather than alongside, the course so that rowers have an opportunity to keep moving and thereby keep warm
- Coaches are expected to ensure, when indoor rowing, that the rowers adopt good posture and use the correct technique
Yorkshire and NW Explore Series 2018.
Get ready for the Explore Series 2018 the 300m Splash and Dash event for teams of 6 in coxed fours. The equipment is provided by the host clubs and best of all there is cake!
18 March Lakeland RC.
15 April Runcorn RC.
20 May Warrington RC
24 June Leeds RC
19 August Grosvenor
16 September Pennine RC
21 October Windermere RC
York Spring Regatta, 5 May, 2018.
An early season regatta, raced over 1000m downstream from near St Peter’s Boathouse to just above York City Rowing Club. Stakeboat start. Events offered for most boat classes.
ENTRIES NOW OPEN VIA BROE