The Yorkshire Head
Yorkshire Head Secretary: Chris Polack
- 5000m downstream on the River Ouse from Rawcliffe Landing to Lendal Bridge, in the heart of York
- 200+ crews across 2 divisions
- Main source of Rowing Council income, funding Regional activities
- Hosted by York City Rowing club, run by volunteers from across the region
Yorkshire Head 29 Feb, 2020
The Yorkshire Head returns in 2020 on Saturday 29 February
See you there!
Why is the Yorkshire Head Important?
The Yorkshire Head is the main source of the Yorkshire Rowing Council's income, funding Regional activities including:
- Providing coach eduction grants to support the sport in Yorkshire.
- Producing and funding the Freshers Handbook and British Rowing technique poster to all new students.
- Funding the Junior Inter-Regional team.
- Providing and maintaining all the essential regatta equipment including radios, megaphones and stopwatches.
- And much more.